Knowledge Representation (Rappresentazione della Conoscenza) 2014/2015
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 25 February 2015 18:33
Dott. Ing. Laura Po
Academic Year 2014-2015
This site is dedicated to the Knowledge Representation Class of the "Laurea Magistrale in Ingegneria Informatica" Degree. The course will be teached in English.
On this page students have access to all the information on purpose, program, adopted books, exam modalities and the syllabus (i.e. a detailed list of all the topics faced during the lessons).
For students interested in thesis in the field of Artificial Intelligence, Knowledge Representation, Data Mining, see the web page on the available thesis or write an email to laura.po @ unimore.it.
Do you need a brief introduction to the course?
II Academic Period (26.02.2015 - 05.06.2015)
Wednesday h. 10-13 room FA-0A (Lab Multimediale) [Engineering Department "Enzo Ferrari"]
Thursday h.11-13 room FA-0A (Lab Multimediale) [Engineering Department "Enzo Ferrari"]
During the second academic period it is expected an interruption of lessons from 16.04.15 to 21.04.15
Also an interruption of lessons is planned for 18.03.2015 during the MOREJOBs event.
Contact and Office hours
Dott. Ing. Laura PoOffice hours: Thurday h. 16-18 at professor office, Engineering Department "Enzo Ferrari", building B, first floor.
Personal web site
Suggested Prerequisites: Database technology (Tecnologia delle Basi di Dati)
First Order Logic
Knowledge representation and Deductive Reasoning based on Description Logics
Fundamentals of Description Logic and Reasoning.
The OLCD Description Logic; knowledge representation and reasoning on databases: the ODB-TOOLS system.
Intelligent integration of Information and Ontologies. Definition of di Ontology. Languages and Tools to create ontologies: Protege, OWL.
Data Integration and interoperability: state of the art . The MOMIS system & the major open source/commercial Information Integrator systems
Semantic Web: general concepts, languages and research trends.
Data Mining Techniques (the knowledge mining process, decision trees, association rules, clustering, analysis of case studies)
- Representing Knowledge in an uncertain domain - elements on probabilistic systems and probabilistic reasoning techniques
- Recommendation systems - Collaborative filtering, Content-based filtering, Hybrid Recommender Systems
- Open Data and Linked Open Data
DES (Datalog Educational System) an open-source Prolog-based implementation of a basic deductive database system.
The exam consists of a written examination and an optional oral/lab test.
Students need to subscribe to exam lists published on Esse3
Slides and teaching materials
Subscription to the class:
Students are required to enroll in the class by using the DOLLY website.
- Choose "login utente" authentication, type your LDAP credentials (e-mail account of the university)
- Enroll in Knowledge Representation Class and enter the Registration Key to view the material
- the Key Registration will be provided by the teacher in class or can be requested by sending e-mail.
Projects for "Laboratorio di Ingegneria Informatica"
AN UPDATED VERSION WILL BE SOON AVAILABLE
- Stuart Russell and Peter Norvig Artificial Intelligence, a Modern Approach, Prentice Hall, 3rd edition, 2010. link
- F. Baader, D. Calvanese, D. McGuinness, D. Nardi, P.F. Patel-Schneider. The Description Logic Handbook: Theory, Implementation and Applications (2nd edition). Cambridge University Press, 2007. link